· ~ ·We began with house band Laughing Boy; gearing up for their upcoming gig opening for Sons Of The Never Wrong at Amazing Things (Framingham), they tore through a thirty minute set, barely pausing to catch their collective breaths.
Unfortunately, the photographer was busy playing with the band, so here's a not-so-recent publicity shot.
· ~ ·Next up were Showcase newcomers Gordon MacFarland and Liz Buchanan. Not so new, actually -- while they haven't played for us before, they are stalwart audience members! It was a treat to hear them perform.
|Gordon and Liz, through the coffee-scented haze|
· ~ ·And here came another experienced Showcase new-comer: Richard Eilbert. A pleasing baritone voice, nice acoustic guitar, and lyrics worth listening to! One highlight of the set was "He's A Physicist" -- a love song replete with puns and double entendres relating to physics.
Richard was joined by Kenny Selcer on guitar, and their combined talents made for a richly enjoyable set, with Richard's engaging songs and Kenny's bright, fluid guitar commentary.
· ~ ·Jane Fallon was scheduled to appear next, but she was home vanquishing a cold. So Kenny Selcer stepped into the breach, and we enjoyed a set of originals from him, with Liz Buchanan providing beautiful harmonies on many of the songs.
Kenny's a regular at many of the performance spaces and open mics in the greater Boston area -- and his music never gets old for me. He's got a huge notebook of great original songs (you should have seen it bending the music stand), and so many of them feature his beautiful guitar work, intelligent, inviting lyrics, and pleasing melodies. Too bad Jane was sick, but it was a lot of fun to hear from Kenny.
· ~ ·And that concludes (yet) another Acoustic Showcase. Hope to see you next time!